Peanut Butter Baklava
|1/2 package phyllo dough|
|1 stick butter, melted|
|1 cup peanut butter|
|1 cup chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/2 tsp vanilla|
Peanut Butter Baklava Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 inch square pan.
- Unwrap roll of phyllo dough and cut in half so it will fit in the pan. Cover the phyllo dough with plastic wrap and place a damp towel over the top.
- Brush the top sheet of phyllo with melted butter. Grab it and the sheet below and place butter side down in the pan. Repeat 2 more times, so you have 6 sheets of phyllo in the pan.
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave 30 seconds to 1 min. until liquid and spread 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Repeat 4 more times.
- Butter the next phyllo sheet and grab the one below and place them butter side down on top of the peanut butter layer. Butter the top sheet of dough.
- Cut the baklava into squares being sure to cut through all layers.
- Bake about 45 minutes until the baklava is golden brown.
- While the baklava is baking, heat the water, sugar, honey and vanilla in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Keep on low until the baklava finishes baking.
- When the baklava comes out of the over, pour the honey mixture over the top, making sure to saturate all the cuts.
- Let cool completely, uncovered for several hours.