Thai Peanut Chicken Soup
|Category:||Sandwiches, Soups, & Breads|
|3 tsp red curry paste|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1/3 cup ground peanuts|
|1/3 cup peanut butter|
|1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk|
|2 2 cups shredded chicken (grocery store rotisserie chicken can be used)|
|1 bag 1 bag wide rice noodles (will serve 4)|
|1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped|
|4 oz fresh Thai basil (or Italian basil is fine)|
|Limes sliced into eighths|
|1 jalapeño sliced (for garnish)|
|Peanuts for garnish|
Thai Peanut Chicken Soup Directions
- Add red curry paste, broth, peanuts, peanut butter, and coconut milk to a pot on the stove, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked shredded chicken and heat thoroughly.
- Remove rice noodles from the package, and soak in a bowl of hot water from the tap until soft and pliable.
- Place rice noodles in bowl, top with broth mixture. For added flavor, top soup with optional ingredients: cilantro, basil, fresh lime wedge, and sliced jalapeño.